Carolyn Sue Manuel-Jackson's Watergate Salad
- 1 large (1 pound 4 ounce) can of crushed pineapple, in 100% pineapple juice
- 2 small packages of instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 large (16 ounce) tub of non-dairy topping (like Cool Whip), thawed
- 2 cups of miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts
Stir together the pineapple with the pudding mix until well blended. Gently fold in the Cool Whip and carefully stir in the marshmallows and pecans. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour or preferably overnight.
Carolyn Sue Manuel-Jackson's Potato Salad
Peel and boil your potatoes until they are firm, but not mushy. Smash potatoes, then add your boiled eggs, pickles, pickle relish, salad dressing, mustard, and season with red pepper. Your potato salad should be slightly yellow. Stir everything together and place more red pepper on top of the potato salad to your taste.